What Men Live By

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"-Matthew 4:4

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Vulnerability of Life

I thank my God every time I remember you.
-Philippians 1:3

Lately, I have been thinking much about the vulnerability of life.

My lower secondary school best friend's mom has just passed away. When my brother broke the news to me, I was surprised, but never had it dawn on me that she passed away because she met with an accident. My friend's mom was a cancer patient. She had to take many years of sick leave before returning to school to teach again. She looked extremely thin when I last saw her. I thought she passed away due to her illness. I definitely could not believe my eyes when I read my mom's sms about her death. Pn. Chin passed away after meeting with an accident while crossing the road on Thursday night (23 August 2007). It must have been shocking for YR when she heard the news. Her mom will never be able to witness her graduate.

This is not the first fatal news I received. My own aunt was knocked down by a car while waiting for bus at the bus stop and she died after being sent to the general hospital. There may be some inside stories whether this is a mere accident or a deliberate murder. My little cousin (only in nursery then) who was beside her was badly injured, but his life was spared because his body was cushioned by his mother's body when they were hit. This incident left me deep impact.

I have been taking things for granted. God has been protecting me and my family all along. For this year only, so many a time, we escaped death merely by a few seconds. I ran across roads hastily to board the bus without waiting for the traffic lights to turn green. My mom and sister was knocked down by a motorcyclist just a few months ago. Robbers tried to rob and kill my parents early this year. That was not all. God has put me into plights, tested my patience etc but yet, He has never once left me. He showed me love through nature, family, friends, and even strangers! I should be more grateful...

James 4:13~

Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow, we shall go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit."
Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

Instead, you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and also do this or that."

Indeed, how true is the Words in the Bible...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home