What Men Live By

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"-Matthew 4:4

Friday, June 23, 2006

He Doesn't Remember

I thank my God every time I remember you.
-Philippians 1:3

haha... I've decided that this blog will still be a blessing blog to people, instead of an online journal for me to utter nonsense. Hope you will enjoy reading and be blessed by the articles. =)

A much loved-minister of God once carried a secret burden of long-past sin deep in his heart. He had committed the sin many years before, during his Bible school training. No one knew what he had done, but they did know he had repented. Even so, he had suffered years of remorse over the incident without any sense of God's forgiveness.

A woman in his church deeply loved God and claimed to have visions in which Jesus Christ spoke to her. The minister, sceptical of her claims, asked her, "The next time you speak to the Lord, would you please ask Him what sin your minister committed while he was in Bible school." The woman kindly agreed.

When she came to the church a few days later the minister asked, "Did He visit you?" She said, "Yes."

"And did you ask Him what sin I committed?"

"Yes, I asked Him," she replied

"Well, what did He say?"

"He said, 'I don't remember.'"


Author Unknown

Maybe you are having a problem with forgiving yourself of some past mistake or sin. I want you to know that once you confess it to God and ask His forgiveness; God has forgiven you and will not remember nor remind you of your sins. He is forgiving even to the worst sinner and once you come to Him in repentance, God will in no way cast you out, but will welcome you in with open arms. (Isaiah 43:25) (John 6:37-40)

The forgiveness we received in Christ is complete. As far as God is concerned, our sin is over with and forgotten. We must learn to rest in His forgiveness and release the guilt and shame of our past sin, so that we may walk in God's rest and peace.

We encourage you to not dwell on the past, but look to the future with a new outlook and believe God for great things. If He has power to forgive you and make you a new creation in Christ, then God also has the power to give you big dreams and aspirations and the wisdom to achieve them all.


-- Taken a leaf from my church website

3 Comments:

Blogger lovely lamb said...

sigh... dear girl, there are some misunderstandings here. i read the email too late, and i really didnt mean to make that mistake. i didnt feel good and easy too. Thanks for pointing it out anyway. if you know me well, you will know "freeloading" is never in my dictionary. I thought i did my part before i went back, but looks like i'm mistaken. i really didnt have the intention or even thought of shirking my responsibilities. i'm sorry once again, but i dont want to dwell in guilt for the rest of my life. God has forgiven me, will you forgive me too?

7:04 pm  
Blogger lovely lamb said...

Thanks for telling me that. =)

Anyway, i've respected you by leaving you alone when you ask me to, through Tania months ago. I've only sent one non-project sms to encourage you which i thought you would like and one email to ask you to take care of your health. That's it right?

I guess I dont have to justify myself here, because you simply wont listen to my explanations or allow me to say my thoughts. You are more outspoken than me, so whatever I say will be useless.

You said, "i believe deep down you know what you have done, too." ya, i know what i have done. I've put myself into your shoes, i wouldnt have reacted the way you react now. That's why I went ahead and do it, because i thought it was for your good as that was what you wanted. You do not know what i told or ask him, how do you know i betrayed you? I only ask him questions that normal people who have never heard from you would ask. The things you told me about F, i've known about it even before you told me. He knows too, someone told him. If I could turn the clock back, I would do the same thing, but will inform the person about the meeting before hand and not after.

Now as I think back, I realized that i have accepted everything you said about me, and chained myself with guilt. I'm sorry for the anger and hurts you have endured. For the past months, people have been pointing fingers on me after hearing from you. The treatments from you and others I got are already far more than i can take it. I guess that's a way God trains me to be a stronger person.

Well, friends come and go, I cant make everyone like me. That's what my mom used to tell me. It's your decision not to be my friend, I accept it then. Maybe to you i'm no longer your friend, it's ok, but to me you are still one. Life must still go on. I will still greet you if i see you. People who are not my friends can say hi and bye to me. We are project mates, though not friends, but not total strangers. Please dont treat me as if I'm transparent.

About projects i will do my best to contribute. After all it's the last few projects already, let's do our best and be glad when we get whatever results. We make mistakes, but this will help and prepare us for the working world in future.

Sorry to reply your comment and have this published here, but since you dont want me to email you personally, I have no choice.

I thank God for your family, friends and church mates you have around you to support you and encourage you. Could also see you doing well in this course and the relationship with classmates. You are very blessed. Continue to be the nice, sweet girl who goes around blessing others. =) You may not realise it, but really, thanks for blessing me in your big and small ways.

All the best in life.

10:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

12:34 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home