What Men Live By

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"-Matthew 4:4

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Answering Machine

I thank my God every time I remember you.
-Philippians 1:3

Do your friends always complain you are hard to reach? Do you always need an answering machine at home?

How about when God calls you? Does He always receive the message, "I am sorry that I am not available now, but if you leave a message, I will get back to you AS SOON AS POSSIBLE." ? Do you really get back to Him as soon as possible?

Or once in a while, you may hear God leaving different messages on your answering machine:

"Um.. dear child, I thought we were supposed to meet this morning for devotion... I waited till now and still haven't seen you. I wonder if you have forgotten... I will still be there tomorrow.. see you then."

"Dear child, I just call to say hi... since I have not seen you for a while..."

"Dear child, I know that you are going through rough times recently. I am always here for you. Call me back please."

Look at your answering machine. Look at your heart. Are there any messages beeping? Have you returned your calls yet?

Give Lord Jesus a call -- now!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

=)

12:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Angela! I like reading the stories you've posted, they've blessed me. =) take care and see you around! -sinyi-

12:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear mei mei, how are you doing? happy CNY=) heh. remember to update when you're free! been checking quite a few times but still the same story. haha. :D will email you sooN!

3:01 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home