What Men Live By

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"-Matthew 4:4

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Anguish

I thank my God every time I remember you.
-Philippians 1:3

Pain knocked upon my door and said
That she had come to stay

And though I would not welcome her
But bade her go away,
She entered in,
Like my own shade.

She followed after me,
And from her stabbing, stinging sword
No moment was I free.

And then one day another knocked
Most gently on my door

I cried, “No, pain is living here,
There is no room for more.”

And then I heard His tender voice,
“Tis I, be not afraid.”

And from the day He entered in,
The difference is made!
As you feel the stinging thorns of your pain, take comfort in God’s grace and abundant love. Beyond this, let us leave a message here. For this, it is different for us to find in scripture or in history, a strong-willed individual whom God used greatly until He allowed him to be deeply hurt.
Found this poem as i tried to clear up the mess on my writing table. Think i copied it from an old uncle in Chinatown some time ago. He's a wonderful poet and writer i should say, he used a pseudo name when he writes: Andre W. Keye, can't recall his real chinese name... =P
It was some time ago, I went to Chinatown for my Feature Writing Module assignment, then I happened to walk in a "Museum". Talked to the uncle, it seems that he has high qualifications, and status in the society (if i'm not wrong). His Dad, the late mr Yip Cheong-Fun, won endless awards for his photography.
I was very much amazed by him. He told me the reason he uses a pseudo name is because the Westerners won't read his books if they're known to be written by a Chinese writer (they assume that Chinese can't write good English). I guess this is the society that forms the world, into what it is today. Prejudice.
older generation of Singaporeans like to say Singaporeans don't like to read. that's what the uncle said: SIngaporens dont read. Mr Andrew Ang (my lecturer) said the same thing too. erm... quite true, but still, we cannot generalize. there are SIngaporeans who love to read too. Different people have different personalities.
anyway... just few comments. i'll leave as it is. the debate is always on. man loves debates i think. =P

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

12:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

6:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

10:12 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home